Thursday 29 August 2013

August - Part 2

 
I had a wonderful week in Provence painting in the sunshine as my husband relaxed with a book or two. The first two watercolours are in Lieux, with some stunning cliffs crossing the landscape. I also found a little pottager and had to paint the aubergines.

There are some truly colourful outcrops of ocre around the area we were based, and the weather has made some very dramatic features of the rocks in this ocre wood.


 Bonnieux - a hill village . There are many examples of these villages round and about.

Menerbe is another hill villiage nearby with a splendid clock tower at the top.

Now for two oil paintings, the first at a village called Venasque, with a war memorial by the side of the church.


My other oil is of a table in Viens. Although there was nothing set on the table at the time I felt it wouldn't be long before it could be set for an "apros."
I'm not sure I really liked the size of the watercolour paper I used but it was worth a try.
Can't believe we are now at the end of August, and summer pictures can bring back good memories of our time in Provence.

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous collection of pics.I particulary like the aubergines! I bet your trip seems a long way off already xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Syl:) Lovely sketches and paintings! Isn't it great to look back on your vacation by your own made pictures? Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

DIFFERENT MEDIA

DIFFERENT MEDIA
Pen & Wash French Chateau

oil- the 'wobbly bridge' london

an attempt at the girl with the pearl earring-oil